Wednesday 12 October 2011

Thing 21

At the moment there isn't much space for movement for me in the Irish jobs market, so I hope I'll remember what I read for this thing ( Promoting yourself on job interviews and applicaitons.)

However I can answer the Quesions in section 1.
What I really like to do in my spare time is spend time with mmy family and the pets, meet friends and go places. I also love getting in touch with my creative side. (I'm told I do this at work too by my boss, but doing it for myself is different), whether it's reading, baking, cooking meals, photography, or other crafts (candle making, crochet, knitting, embroidery etc) it's all about the experience. Now I'm not saying that I'm especially good at any of these, but I enjoy experimenting and creating.

I dislike having to organise others and when they make arrangements and cancel at the last minute. Feeling like you're the organiser for the group is not a good thing to me, as I have other things that I prefer to do than chasing people around. I suppose I'm too much of a pragmatist for my own good... living by if you want a job done well do it yourself has it's draw backs - not that I'm a control freak or anything :)

The last time I felt satisfied with something that I had created was when I got up this morning and took the slow cooked beef in red wine for my arent's 40th wedding anniversary dinner out of the oven wher it had sat over night, and it was perfect!!! I'm not bragging but I think they'll be happy with it too.

I suppose that what this tells me is that the skills that I have lie in not being afraid to experiment, having a pragmatic approach to organisation and being creative. This is coupled with some peopel skills... maybe people management - when I want to indluge in it :(.

No comments: