Highlights are listed below.
Elizabeth Connolly - NLI
- http://catalogue.nli.ie/ . click digitized items only, and EPH as call no in keyword search.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlireland/Images from NLI on flickr commons have no copyright restrictions.
- Commons photostream are available for research for a non-commercial purpose or private study. When using the images, please credit the National Library of Ireland and include the catalogue reference number of the item to help others access the original image or document.
- See: http://www.nli.ie/en/flickr-commons.aspx
- and http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlireland/sets/
Justin Furlong - Newspapers
- ie Argentian Southern cross held since the 19th Century. Polish Irish papers, Chinese Irish paper etc.
Evelyn Flanagan - UCD Special Collections
- example: 1st ed. Ulysses signed by author.
- A subscription to early printed books online is part of this strategy.
- Google Books also provides access to some 19th Century tomes.
- Internet archive does too
- Project Gutenberg titles
- UCD digital library http://digital.ucd.ie/
- CELT (Irish history, literature and politics http://www.ucc.ie/celt/)
- Irish script on screen
- Ask about Ireland
- Villanova - digital preservation of publishing in Irish America. http://www.villanova.edu/library/digital/