- Serials Solutions is now part of ProQuest workflow solutions.
- Attendees were reminded that widgets can be created based on several facets: discipline, content type etc.
- For example a widget could search for psychology content, or e-journals only.
- Reference content for the third column on the results page can be pulled from Wikipedia, and Encyclopedia Britannica, Gale Reference is in the pipeline after which credo materials will be made available - all subscription based of course.
- Library of Congress and other image archive pictures are now included in search results if enabled. See example for Ireland
- Refworks FLOW is now providing free individual accounts, however institutions need a subscription account to get details of their users usage.
- Our patrons have been made aware of this.
- My personal account exports beautifully from the saved folder on Summon into FLOW (select export to RefWorks)
- Very impressed.
- An example of a library log in page outlining current issues with database access was shown and has inspired the addition of this type of information to the log in page for our new log in on the new web site design.
- The inclusion of reviews and ratings from library thing and other content providers identified by our subscriptions on the title landing page has encouraged us to enable this feature.
- Hathi Trust titles have been indexed to the full text level for Summon. This indexing allows matching for print versions of the same title, or electronic versions held at other online locations. This is a very exciting addition for us.
- Issues with the indexing of EBSCO databases persist.